Friday's Delphi study went very well. We held it in Gothenburg, the morning after snowfall, with a temperature of about -2 (that's outside, of course; inside, Swedish offices are well heated!). We had about 15 participants in this final round, to examine the results of the second questionnaire survey (in which they had all participated) and to arrive at a consensus on the priority to be assigned to research areas. We used two rounds of the 'diamond nine' technique, which requires cards to be sorted into priority order and eventually had a short-list of ten items sorted by priority. Considering that we started with 64 areas, this means that all ten are of high priority but, when potential research resources are scarce, further priority setting would be necessary.
All we have to do now is some report writing :-(